Search the forum,

Discuss Silicone joints and Cramer in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

J

Julian 'Farmer' Bonsall

After a member posting about the Fugi 5 Piece kit I thought I would see what they were all about (More easy silicone joints | Cramer FUGI Professional - https://www.cramer.gmbh/en/silicone-joints/fugi-professional), and subsequently buy the kit.
I have always use the angle nozzle + wet finger technique (when applying and finishing silicone joints). I loathe silicone sealant with a passion.
I watched this video () to see it in action.

Looking at my silicone its concave in profile, cut the nozzle approaching 45 degrees and have covered 3 sides of a joint (on purpose - trying to do a good job). I've never degreased the joints (just clean).

I understand a low modulus sealant is more flexible than a High - why would you not use the more flexible always; whats the downside? (I dont think I ever use it for strength / construction).

B

Blunt Tool

After a member posting about the Fugi 5 Piece kit I thought I would see what they were all about (More easy silicone joints | Cramer FUGI Professional - https://www.cramer.gmbh/en/silicone-joints/fugi-professional), and subsequently buy the kit.
I have always use the angle nozzle + wet finger technique (when applying and finishing silicone joints). I loathe silicone sealant with a passion.
I watched this video () to see it in action.

Looking at my silicone its concave in profile, cut the nozzle approaching 45 degrees and have covered 3 sides of a joint (on purpose - trying to do a good job). I've never degreased the joints (just clean).

I understand a low modulus sealant is more flexible than a High - why would you not use the more flexible always; whats the downside? (I dont think I ever use it for strength / construction).
Good video :thumbsup:

J

Julian 'Farmer' Bonsall

I'm not sure about his grouping. Sealant is something I just hate so much and don't seem to be able to do it. I didn't know I was doing so much wrong.

B

Blunt Tool

Practice and you will soon be good. That’s the set I bought lately and it’s brilliant. I got rid of the soapy water spray aswell

J

Julian 'Farmer' Bonsall

Smashing - nail polished remover it is. Makes sense rather than whatever is in multi surface cleaner (which I've used).

J

Julian 'Farmer' Bonsall

Understood. In that case I use 1 litre sprays of ISOProp for cleaning air flow meters and a few other car bits. Mixture of distilled water (30%) and IsoPropyl (70%). I'm being informed for the more experienced person it's rubbing alcohol.

Anyway thanks I will put some in the tool kit. Appreciated.

Sterile IPA Alcohol 70% in WFI Water | Trigger Sprays - https://cleanroomsuppliesltd.com//item/sterile-ipa-de-alcohol/sterile-70-percent-ipa-alcohol-wfi-trigger-spray?mkwid=s&crid=139651322327&mp_kw=&mp_mt=&pdv=m&gclid=cj0kcqjwqshwbrdsarisalpwmepcn-slpci2ku3pp59hpei4h6u-3c1hantorcir1ni2joajsmp3nocaakotealw_wcb

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Silicone joints and Cramer in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

A little help guys. I've been asked to price 71sqm of limestone flooring. My issue is this...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen