Search the forum,

Discuss Sigma 10m9 instructions in the Tiling Tools | Tile Cutters, Trowels area at TilersForums.com.

L

LM

I'm the same as Dave, mine has run true out of the box. Are you 100% certain that you have your fence set at 90 degrees?
Did you check this against the blade with a large square?
This might sound silly, but are you sure the tiles your trying this with are 100% square?

P

projectile

I'm the same as Dave, mine has run true out of the box. Are you 100% certain that you have your fence set at 90 degrees?
Did you check this against the blade with a large square?
This might sound silly, but are you sure the tiles your trying this with are 100% square?
Hello again Lee, I did check it with a square but I do need to get a bigger one. You are right about the tiles not being very square. I will set it up again at the weekend, on my woodwork table saw I use the 5 cut method to square the fence to the blade , so will do the same on the sigma. So tell me do you take off your sliding carriage for ease of movement on each job, and if so do you ever adjust the two offset pins when setting it back up again? The big headache if the pins do need moving I have had to grind down an old bicycle spanner to get into the tight gap to move them. I am very pleased with the cutting of this machine very smooth no water waste below just want to sort out the discrepancy I have at the mo. I will check the fence against a straight edge too. Cheers

L

LM

Hello again Lee, I did check it with a square but I do need to get a bigger one. You are right about the tiles not being very square. I will set it up again at the weekend, on my woodwork table saw I use the 5 cut method to square the fence to the blade , so will do the same on the sigma. So tell me do you take off your sliding carriage for ease of movement on each job, and if so do you ever adjust the two offset pins when setting it back up again? The big headache if the pins do need moving I have had to grind down an old bicycle spanner to get into the tight gap to move them. I am very pleased with the cutting of this machine very smooth no water waste below just want to sort out the discrepancy I have at the mo. I will check the fence against a straight edge too. Cheers
Can you post a pic of the offset pins your talking about? It'll help me understand your dilemma.

Chalker

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Can you post a pic of the offset pins your talking about? It'll help me understand your dilemma.
They will be the pins that locate the tilting table to the main body of the saw. It sould be set just slightly higher than the main body.

I never used the fence as I liked to use the adjustable square and fix the small fence to that. This was set square to the blade.

P

projectile

Hi Lee will do at the weekend. Just to explain without a photo for now the two 13mm nuts you take off so that you can dismantle the out feed table once off if you pull out the threads that the nuts came off you will see that there is I think without checking a 17mm nut and then a pin or barrel on the other side of that. Well that pin or barrel is off set to the 17 mm nut which allows you to raise and lower the out feed table by moving the 17mm nut when in situ . Hope this makes more sense.
If I hear you right what you are saying you don't move that 17mm nut when you dismantle your machine you undo the two 13mm nuts slide off the out feed table , then slide it back on do the two 13 mm nuts back up and that's it ?Cheers

Reply to Sigma 10m9 instructions in the Tiling Tools | Tile Cutters, Trowels area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tiling Tools

Find the cheapest price for both professional and DIY wall and floor tiling tools in the UK. Brands such as Rubi, Genesis, Fein, Karl Dahm, isomat, Schluter, Tilemaster and more.

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen