Discuss Sigma 10m9 instructions in the Tile Cutters area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

P

projectile

Hi guys bought this machine second hand a few weeks back. As it is very cumbersome to move for one person i strip down the out feed table which then makes it a doddle to move around jobs. There are x2 13mm nuts which hold the out feed table in place ,which are attached to two off set pins, which raise/lower and move the out feed table in/out.
Have trawled the net for instructions/manual but have come up with a blank . Just want to know how to set it up correctly each time when putting it back together. :confused:If no joy here i will ring Sigma. Cheers ;)

T

Time's Ran Out

They are not very popular on here but I'am sure someone will be along to help!
Me I'am a Kenny Rogers fan!

Q

Qwerty

If nobody on here responds just drop me a PM and I will forward you the rep's details

L

LM

Hi guys bought this machine second hand a few weeks back. As it is very cumbersome to move for one person i strip down the out feed table which then makes it a doddle to move around jobs. There are x2 13mm nuts which hold the out feed table in place ,which are attached to two off set pins, which raise/lower and move the out feed table in/out.
Have trawled the net for instructions/manual but have come up with a blank . Just want to know how to set it up correctly each time when putting it back together. :confused:If no joy here i will ring Sigma. Cheers ;)
This is a simple procedure,
1: erect the stand in the desired location bearing in mind direction and working room around the machine
2: place the main body of the wet saw on the stand then insert the sliding bed into position by guiding the pins on each side into their locating holes, fix the washers and slightly tighten handles
3: raise the sliding table up to its level position and hold in place as you tighten the handles
4: insert the under side splash guard into its slots
5: insert the water tray and fill to the water mark and your good to go. Obviously reverse the process to disassemble

I

Italy

1: erect the stand in the desired location bearing in mind direction and working room around the machine
2: place the main body of the wet saw on the stand then insert the sliding bed into position by guiding the pins on each side into their locating holes, fix the washers and slightly tighten handles
3: raise the sliding table up to its level position and hold in place as you tighten the handles
5: insert the water tray and fill to the water mark and your good to go. Obviously reverse the process to disassemble
Master lee :)

P

projectile

Hi Lee Mac, item 3 raise the sliding table up that's great but if the out feed table is not level with the main body you then have to mess with the two off set pins to get it level, or am I missing something here. The reason for the initial post was when you turn the tile over to make a nic to stop it breaking when you do the full cut, the nic and full cut are about 1 1/2 mm out. So I moved the fence to accommodate this difference but it makes no difference. That's why I wanted to know about setting up the out feed table thinking the difference with the cut may be to do with the off set pins. Hope you can help. Cheers

Dave

TF
Staff member
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
You should find all spec sheets on the Sigma Italia website.

If you are using the fence for cutting as you describe , then if its running out of true , then adjust the fence stop nut thread..

I

Italy

If you are using the fence for cutting as you describe , then if its running out of true , then adjust the fence stop nut thread..

I have tried today, but I have not found

P

projectile

Hi Dave that's what I did but confusingly if there is such a word it made do difference ??????

L

LM

I'm the same as Dave, mine has run true out of the box. Are you 100% certain that you have your fence set at 90 degrees?
Did you check this against the blade with a large square?
This might sound silly, but are you sure the tiles your trying this with are 100% square?

P

projectile

I'm the same as Dave, mine has run true out of the box. Are you 100% certain that you have your fence set at 90 degrees?
Did you check this against the blade with a large square?
This might sound silly, but are you sure the tiles your trying this with are 100% square?
Hello again Lee, I did check it with a square but I do need to get a bigger one. You are right about the tiles not being very square. I will set it up again at the weekend, on my woodwork table saw I use the 5 cut method to square the fence to the blade , so will do the same on the sigma. So tell me do you take off your sliding carriage for ease of movement on each job, and if so do you ever adjust the two offset pins when setting it back up again? The big headache if the pins do need moving I have had to grind down an old bicycle spanner to get into the tight gap to move them. I am very pleased with the cutting of this machine very smooth no water waste below just want to sort out the discrepancy I have at the mo. I will check the fence against a straight edge too. Cheers

L

LM

Hello again Lee, I did check it with a square but I do need to get a bigger one. You are right about the tiles not being very square. I will set it up again at the weekend, on my woodwork table saw I use the 5 cut method to square the fence to the blade , so will do the same on the sigma. So tell me do you take off your sliding carriage for ease of movement on each job, and if so do you ever adjust the two offset pins when setting it back up again? The big headache if the pins do need moving I have had to grind down an old bicycle spanner to get into the tight gap to move them. I am very pleased with the cutting of this machine very smooth no water waste below just want to sort out the discrepancy I have at the mo. I will check the fence against a straight edge too. Cheers
Can you post a pic of the offset pins your talking about? It'll help me understand your dilemma.

Chalker

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Can you post a pic of the offset pins your talking about? It'll help me understand your dilemma.
They will be the pins that locate the tilting table to the main body of the saw. It sould be set just slightly higher than the main body.

I never used the fence as I liked to use the adjustable square and fix the small fence to that. This was set square to the blade.

Reply to Sigma 10m9 instructions in the Tile Cutters area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks