Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Shower/ Wetroom waterproofing in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

OP
H573

H573

TF
Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
You might be better off going straight on to the level 2 diploma I teach the level 1 it's just basic & you re-visit some of the level 1 on the level 2 anyway
Thanks Andy, that’s really helpful, much appreciated. I’ll take your advice and try and get straight on the level 2

Reaction score
worse case scenario you have to do the level 1 which you can do in 2/3 months then move on to the level 2 , you'll just have to put a little more graft in H

OP
H573

H573

TF
Reaction score
worse case scenario you have to do the level 1 which you can do in 2/3 months then move on to the level 2 , you'll just have to put a little more graft in H
Cheers Andy, How long approximately does the level 2 take?
I’m more than happy to put the graft in.
I left school with no qualifications. I was a window cleaner 25 years and hated every minute of it. I love tile it gives me a great sense of satisfaction.

OP
H573

H573

TF
Reaction score
Sika products seem to be available but to be honest you'll probably be a trail blazer tanking a shower over there much like it is here in Spain.
Thanks PDC. I think you’re right you mention tanking and waterproofing for showers, even primers and nobody knows what you’re on about. And availability is non existent.
Like Spain pretty much everywhere is tiled here.

W

WetSaw

..and probably the same as here, tile is done before plastering ( if anything is plastered rather than rendered) so you're going straight on to block/brick. Very rare to find a house here with any plasterboard walls.

Reaction score
on 3 days a week the course should take 24 weeks ,but as you a maybe a gentleman of older yrs like myself, the college may only be able to offer you 18 weeks again it's how you apply yourself to the course ,put also remember like myself they only cover the basic to get you started on your journey into tile.Another thing like PDC said to you half hour ago & you replied there could be an opening into the supply market for what you are about to embark on also Good luck

OP
H573

H573

TF
Reaction score
..and probably the same as here, tile is done before plastering ( if anything is plastered rather than rendered) so you're going straight on to block/brick. Very rare to find a house here with any plasterboard walls.
Yep, same here. Plasterboard is available but no one uses it. And customers just won’t pay for it. They render everything internally and externally, and yes more often than not they tile straight onto block work.

I

Italy

Thanks for the reply, substrate is concrete on the floor. The walls are block covered with what they call plaster here but it’s just sand and cement. Some local products are tilefix, tuffstuff but it’s just https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/ and grout they sell. Can get some SA products, TAL, Progrip but not waterproofing kits etc just bonding agents, https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/ and grout.
It’s a single story property so ground floor, they don’t have timber floors here just a concrete foundation and they tile straight onto it, no primer or anything even on walls!!!
you don't need primer if it's all sand and cement.

OP
H573

H573

TF
Reaction score
on 3 days a week the course should take 24 weeks ,but as you a maybe a gentleman of older yrs like myself, the college may only be able to offer you 18 weeks again it's how you apply yourself to the course ,put also remember like myself they only cover the basic to get you started on your journey into tile.Another thing like PDC said to you half hour ago & you replied there could be an opening into the supply market for what you are about to embark on also Good luck
Thanks Andy. Take care mate

OP
H573

H573

TF
Reaction score
you don't need primer if it's all sand and cement.
Hi Antonio,

I know this is from a long time ago.
I can’t get primer, my substrate is just sand and cement. Do I just brush/ vacuum then tile. Or do I have to dampen the sand and cement first then tile?

I

Italy

Hi Antonio,

I know this is from a long time ago.
I can’t get primer, my substrate is just sand and cement. Do I just brush/ vacuum then tile. Or do I have to dampen the sand and cement first then tile?
you can also moisten ...

Reply to Shower/ Wetroom waterproofing in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
05jtaylor
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock