Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss shabby workmanship in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

G

gregg

Working in the northwest for a contractor and have found on most jobs the plaster/boarding to be shabby and the main contractors are always expecting the tiler to build up and make right other peoples work, obviously this cuts into my get rich scheme!Does anyone else find this to be a problem on the bigger jobs.I did not encounter these problems when in the south.

D

DHTiling

The most famous phrase is " OH! ITS OK THE TILER WILL GET OVER THAT "

I come across this problem all the time and it does your nut in but sadly i dont think it will ever change...

V

Varley

If it is site work tell the site manager to get it sorted, not part of your agreement, not always that simple on a domestic job.

T

tiler tom

Did a job a while ago and the plasterer obviously did not expect the customer to repeat what had been said. Quote thats good enough for a tiler. Guy was absolute rubbish wall dipped 20mm in a metre level. Needless to say I had the builder recall him to sort his cowboy job. Binned him after.

Reply to shabby workmanship in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowpaul22
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks