Search the forum,

Discuss Self Levelling over old adhesive in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

W

Woody123

Thanks for the info mate. Thats actually really useful.
Had a look at your materials calculator yesterday and saved it to me desktop. Looks like that could come in handy aswell!
Keep up the good work.

S

sWe

No problem mate. This is why I'm on these forums in the first place; to make what I know availible to others who want to listen, all whilst picking up tidbits of useful info myself :thumbsup:

H

Holohana

is another option to put ply down perhaps or similar maybe? Depends on the difference your making up i know but just a thought. OK ill get me coat!

W

Woody123

Could end up being quite fiddly that like holohana but it's always good to hear different opinions!

T

tfs

Hey mate,

I would suggest you try your best yto remove as much of the adhesive from the substrate that you can (you may already have done this).

Not all screeds can bond sufficiently to substrates containg traces of adhesive although, there are some suitable for such conditions.

It would take you five minutes to call a manufacturer e.g. Ardex or F-Ball etc. (Ardex, would be most reccomended, both of these supply to both flooring and tiling industry) they will even call you back if nobody is free to take your call. Carborandrum rubbing blocks are ideal for old lino ahdhesive.

The adhesive you mentioned sounsda like one used about 20 to 30years back for stincking down linolium, I was talking to a collegue today abouth this but cant remember the name.

kris

C

Cliff Anger

Mapei make some 12 different self levellers to suit all applications including latex based for going over old adhesives - feel free to give us a call

Also watch SWE 's guide of 1.7kg - this varies depending on the specific gravity of the product used - so check with the manufacturer ! we use 1.6 for latexplan trade ! and that is wet not just powder as he suggests - dont use water , the latex is generally a 2 part (bag of powder and latex bottle mixed together)

Our tech team can talk you through a solution if it helps

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Self Levelling over old adhesive in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen