Search the forum,

Discuss Self Levelling Compound issue (pictures) in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
If you have a rubbing block, or @Dan’s favourite a brick, you can rub down any high spots if it’s slightly soft, just go steady.
Only if you can reach from outside.
You’ll know if it can take it the moment you touch it.

Great tip, thanks. It's walkable.

I'm starting to think rapid set was a bad idea considering this is my first floor. I don't seem to be able to find a local sockist of Mapei slow set. I've read mixing brands is not advisable, but I have a Norcros slow set.... thoughts?

Reaction score
This is your first floor and you plan to cut nearly around the toilet? Chip away the leveller around the toilet and remove it before you go any further, this will be way quicker and leave a far superior job in the end.

Gonna practice cutting around the toilet this time, but next time I will remove the toilet.

Last edited:
W

Waluigi

Gotta agree with @LEE MAC. You have an iso valve there and a speedfit straight tap connector. It couldn’t be any easier. If the pan ever breaks or needs replacing you’ll have a nice foot print to cover up.

Oh well, to be fair, that pan does have a small base. Good luck with the cutting!

Reaction score
Gotta agree with @LEE MAC. You have an iso valve there and a speedfit straight tap connector. It couldn’t be any easier. If the pan ever breaks or needs replacing you’ll have a nice foot print to cover up.
Oh well, to be fair, that pan does have a small base. Good luck with the cutting!

If I was to remove the toilet now there will be a whole left behind, would I need to pack this out with more SLC or use adhesive?

S

Spare Tool

As above, takes no time to remove the toilet as opposed to cutting round it and ends up with a neater finish...

Reaction score
So after many day it's rock hard, must have just been the temperature. No skin, not perfectly level. Probably should have made a dam at the door and used more.

Reply to Self Levelling Compound issue (pictures) in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen