Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Self leveling problem in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Jim Bob

TF
Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hi all. I don’t really post, I get all my info usually from just searching.

I have just attempted to self level my living room and hall way.
I’m just after advice as it’s hasn’t exactly “ gone well “
I used mapei 3240. Mix to what the bag said. Left it couples minutes. Remixed.
I poured it, trowel it around into the corners and pulled from hall to living room.

What I appear to have ended up with is a nice grey cement looking floor with low points.
I tired last night mixing up the last bit of the bag and even out the big dip in the middle ( the lighter grey in the photo ).

Before I go and buy more - I was going to get self level that will do 1-10mm.
Mix it up and try just hit the dips.
Is this going to work? Or am I just adding more issues to an already s*** job.

But also, is there something I did wrong to begin with? This was a concrete floor that was actually pretty flat. I’m laying wood flooring but needed to raise the floor to match the kitchen finished floor level.

The blue marker paint is were I see the Biggest dips.
I have about 25sqm of extension and kitchen to level next for tile and I don’t want to be in the same situation.

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• 133B1FA3-A293-4A96-992E-5D0C23DBC09C.jpeg
    133B1FA3-A293-4A96-992E-5D0C23DBC09C.jpeg
    427.7 KB · Views: 26

Reply to Self leveling problem in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
sj1709
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock