Search the forum,

Discuss Sealing presealed polish porcelian? advase needed in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

N

nasonovartem

Hi everyone,
Does it need to be sealed Presealed polish porcelian?
In tile shop they gave me sealer and said it will be better to seal them(even it is presealed).
I went for advice to another tile shop and they said i only make worse for tiles.
So what do You think?

Thanks For Your Help.

P

phill moulton

Get a regular felt tip soluble marker pen (not permanent) & do a small test mark on the corner of one of the tiles that are assumed treated with the sealer, if the mark is cleanly & easilly removed with a tissue & water it is fair to assume that the preseal is doing its job it would though do no harm at all though to apply a second treatment...

IMPORTANT AFTER THE TREATMENT GIVE THE TILES A GOOD 5 HOURS + TO DRY THE TREATMENT IS ABSORBED INTO THE TILE & MAY APPEAR DRY ON THE SURFACE BUT IS NOT FULLY ABSORBED FOR A GOOD FEW HOURS.....

Good luck Phill :thumbsup:

O

oogabooga

The polishing process on porcelain opens up minute pores on the tile surface, which can sometimes mark easily and be almost impossible to remove (don't ask me how I know this). Some polished porcelains mark easily and some don't - testing as suggested is certainly the less aggravating way of finding out :grin:

Reply to Sealing presealed polish porcelian? advase needed in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen