Search the forum,

Discuss Sealing a plastered wall in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

DN1986

Hi all,

I have job coming up for a customer who is having a new bathroom fitted. I went to measure up today for a full quote.

The customer is having a bath in the middle of one wall with a overhead shower.

This wall was (unfortunately) plastered around 6 weeks ago. I would usually fix aquapanels but the customer waats to keep costs as low as possible and leave the plaster as it it.

Is there any product out there that can be applied in a similiar way to PVA (i.e with a roller/brush) across the wall, to then tile?

It will just be the one wall that will need sealing in order to then apply the tiles.

Much appreciated,
Danny

G

Gazzer

Re: Sealing a plastered wal

Dont mention PVA....PVA = BAD.

Tank the wall with Mapei Aquadefence.

D

DN1986

Wouldn't dream of using PVA. Are there any equivalents to aquadefence that are more more budget?

D

DHTiling

Try the mapei shower kit, comes with primer/taking solution and any tape you might require..

This is available from PHG wetrooms very quickly..

G

Gazzer

Most manufacturers have a similar product. I tried the Ardex one but didnt like it at all.

D

DN1986

Yeah I know what you mean mate. Id do it all different in my own house but customers call at the end of the day.

D

DN1986

Guess ill have to hunt some tile shops looking for an equivalent to the aquadefence stuff at a decent price.

Reply to Sealing a plastered wall in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen