Search the forum,

Discuss roof slate tiles indoors in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

cowgomoo

Hi All, finally started pouring down in S London and I have a stash of old slate roofing tiles by the shed looking gorgeous after a down pour. My question is - can these tiles be used in a shower enclosure or bathroom ? On a floor maybe or am I just being an idiot and you lot will stop me from committing a really stupid waste of time.
Thanks David.

T

Terry Cottar

they are too thin for floors and i wouldnt use em on walls either if you tap them part of the face could sheer

tel

L

LM Ceramics

wow ive never heard that one before but i dont think so too thin as mentioned and there is no stupid questions only stupid answers

kilty55

TF
Arms
Reaction score
you could use them as a feature in the garden..layering them overlaping in a square formation with plants planted inside looks excellent.....only ever seen it once on a local roofers garden

D

doug boardley

some of the roofing slate around the lakes are 2" thick, how thick are yours CGM:smilewinkgrin:

C

cowgomoo

Thanks chaps, they actually are old roofing tiles and roughly hewn with a max thickness only 5-6ml, so a stupid idea. Maybe in another area.You can tile something thats not a shower or bathroom or kitchen floor / splashie can't you ??:idea3:

D

diamondtiling

you might stick them somewhere and then your roof leaks................DDDDOOOOHHHH!!!
just a thought

:20::20::20::20::20::20:

D

doug boardley

if they're only that thick, I'd use them on roof or skip them. I wouldn't attempt to tile anything with them as chances are they'll be "shaled" ( as we say up here!) ie, they'll turn water on a roof, but won't stand up to a lot of soaking

D

diamondtiling

WHEN IS SOMEONE GONNA READ MY POSTED JOKES IN THE JOKE FORUM? BEEN UP A WEEK!!

:prrr::prrr::prrr::prrr::prrr::prrr::prrr::prrr:

Reply to roof slate tiles indoors in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen