Discuss River stone tile repair in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
The bathroom shower has river stone tiles with the grout deteriorating and the stones coming out. I live on a remote island and it's almost impossible to get a contractor in to help. Looking for advice on DIY options. Do I remove everything or repair the damaged area? I've uploaded a video of the shower below. Any thoughts, suggestions or guidance would be much appreciated.

O

One Day

Hi I watched your video. Sorry to say, but it's basically all failed. Water has got underneath the pebbles, broken down the adhesive and grout along with the wet tray surface. That's why things are coming loose and you're losing grout.
There are no solutions to your problem short of a complete rip out and re-do.
I'm kind of assuming you've got a foam-core wet tray looking at the video, so pebbles are a bad idea on those trays due to point loading, another possible factor in the failing.

W

Waluigi

Total guess but looks like a former without weep holes around the where the waste joins the former.

As a repair, I’d look into finding a Hi-Macs/Corian fabricator to put a single piece in.

A customer of mine had this done and the finish was superb.

Reply to River stone tile repair in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Replies you've not seen

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Teejay