Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Removing dried cementous grout in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

M

mags

Came accross a floor which has been tiled quite well by a neighbour of mine , however he has left the grout to dry before taking it off , tiles are a sandstone colour ceramic and it is hard to see when the light is shining through the window. However on a dull day its plain as the nose on arsen wengers fizzog. It does come off with a rough side of a spoonge and a little damp but takes a lot elbow grease.
Anyone know of a faster way?

P

peckers

I use a grout film remover to remove stubborn grout, most companys do one, I use one from HG you can mix it to different strengths depending how stubborn it is!
Follow the instructions on the tin!! make sure you try it on an inconspicuos area first!!!
you can use a scrubbing pad with it to make it easier too..

D

diamondtiling

Use brick acid but be careful, Dilute it down and wear gloves, works everytime and costs £4.

:smilewinkgrin:

Reaction score
I had the same problem once, with a floor tiled with porcelain tiles, used one type of residue remover, and it bleached the grout (fila i think) :thumbsdown: Then i was told to try LTP grout stain remover, and it worked a treat, also it removed the bleaching, wonderful stuff :thumbsup: but dont forget to follow the instructions on the botttle, and do a test area in a inconspicuous area first, you can get Ltp products from tile giant.

J

jamie B

I had the same problem once, with a floor tiled with porcelain tiles, used one type of residue remover, and it bleached the grout (fila i think) :thumbsdown: Then i was told to try LTP grout stain remover, and it worked a treat, also it removed the bleaching, wonderful stuff :thumbsup: but dont forget to follow the instructions on the botttle, and do a test area in a inconspicuous area first, you can get Ltp products from tile giant.

LTP grout stain remover IS the business!
I recently did a job where the floor in the kitchen had been grout stained for nearly 2 years around their AGA where the tiler had not washed off lively enough when the oven was on! (ie it had 'baked' onto the face) LTP took it off in seconds with no repetative strain injury to the arms!! excellent stuff:thumbsup::thumbsup:!

T

Terry Cottar

you need to find out if the grout used was a flexible grout. If it was you will need Aqua Mix Sealing & Coating Remover to break down the polymer side of the grout then once it has dwelled for about 30 minutes add Aqua Mix Phosphoric Acid Substitute to break down the cementitious side of the grout

tel

M

mags

you need to find out if the grout used was a flexible grout. If it was you will need Aqua Mix Sealing & Coating Remover to break down the polymer side of the grout then once it has dwelled for about 30 minutes add Aqua Mix Phosphoric Acid Substitute to break down the cementitious side of the grout

tel

Yeah its flexible grout from toppstiles so id imagine BAL.

W

wacker

Had the same problem a couple of days ago. (I did not do the tiling) The customer had used just about every type of cleaner to get rid of the leftover grout residue. The grout was BAL Ebony with a Slate effect ceramic tile. In the end, phoned around and used lemon juice and white vinegar. I used a small amount where the cooker was going to be insatlled in case it all went wrong. Two minutes later clean tiles under the cooker. Left it half an hour to make sure the grout was not effected. No problems, 40 minutes later perfect floor and one every happy customer!!!:hurray:

Reply to Removing dried cementous grout in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowpaul22
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks