Search the forum,

Discuss Red marks in travertine in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

Scott

Hey guys i had this travertine laid about 5/6 weeks ago and the customer has noticed some red/pink marks appear in a few places.

I stripped off the sealer (HG) and the marks are stil there. Im guessing it could have gone through the sealer and onto the tile. The affected areas do feel slightly rough compared to the other sections of the tile.

Any ideas welcome :mad2:

Attachments

• DSC01359 (1200x900).jpg
    175.1 KB · Views: 57
  • DSC01356 (1200x900).jpg
    170.5 KB · Views: 55
  • DSC01358 (1200x900).jpg
    179.7 KB · Views: 55
W

White Room

It is'nt somethink there using in the bathroom like shower gels or there using for the cleaning regime

S

Scott

No Mark, this is at the job you were on last week. I have checked all the cleaning materials and the gels etc. It only seems to be on one tile but there is a small mark on one on the wall by the door.

After the trouble i have had with this job i really dont want to taking out a floor tile now!

S

Scott

No it hink its deffo from above but it must be acid based to get through and etch the tile?

Cstoemr thought it was red threadlock for some reason? She insists it wasnt there before as she cleaning it on her hands and knees.

I havent been there so its not my fault but id like to see if i can sort it for her.

D

doug boardley

is it coincidence, but the marks all look as though they are on where there's some filler?

S

Scott

Most of the marks are on the areas of filler except those onthe very edge of the tile. This would also rule out red wine as they grout isnt stained.

Its puzzling, maybe its just a rogue tile and she didnt notice it before? I didnt lay them because it would have rejected if it was there before.

Reply to Red marks in travertine in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen