Search the forum,

Discuss Recommended cutter for 1200mm porcelain in the Tiling Tools | Tile Cutters, Trowels area at TilersForums.com.

W

Waluigi

Have you been on the sigma thread I created? I can’t remember. The height adjustment has been mentioned a few times. Makes all the difference.

D92EB875-CA7D-4843-B0D6-ECD1B5B71B1A.png

W

Waluigi

It looks like it.

I’ll be honest- I’ve not throughly read the instructions but I did adjust the height last week and it made all the difference. The cuts were far better. Give it a go.

James De

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
It looks like it.

I’ll be honest- I’ve not throughly read the instructions but I did adjust the height last week and it made all the difference. The cuts were far better. Give it a go.
The manual isn't great. It's just a series of pictures. So I've adjusted the bar and every break is just breaking off the corner of the tile :/

D

Dumbo

How far in from the end of the tile are you breaking and which corner is breaking near or far

W

Waluigi

Don’t forget to score back that first 15mm or whatever before you do your push score on the rest of the tile

James De

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
Don’t forget to score back that first 15mm or whatever before you do your push score on the rest of the tile
Yup, been doing that every time. The manual also says to score the tile 2-3 times for tiles with rough surfaces (like the tiles I have) but it's just breaking off pieces of the slice I want to cut

Reply to Recommended cutter for 1200mm porcelain in the Tiling Tools | Tile Cutters, Trowels area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
  • Article
123 Year Old Johnson Tiles Factory to Close Down Causing 110 Job Losses 123 Year Old Johnson...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tiling Tools

Find the cheapest price for both professional and DIY wall and floor tiling tools in the UK. Brands such as Rubi, Genesis, Fein, Karl Dahm, isomat, Schluter, Tilemaster and more.

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen