Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Recommendations for best table wet saw? in the Tiling Tools - Tile Tools area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

jasper

TF
Reaction score
I guess from the later part of the question remaining unanswered you have never tried or used the Tc180, so how can you comment on it?
I gave my personal opinion of Rubi. The build quality on their products seem really poor based on my experience. I have also spoken to a few suppliers of Rubi who say the same. I have old Rubi gear which has done many years but their latest products, in my opinion, are terrible. And that is what the OP was asking for - an opinion. Their technical team, again in my opinion are poor.
Sorry if my opinion doesn't sit well with you, and you're correct in your assumption, I haven't used it.

S

Spare Tool

Its not your opinion that doesn't sit well with me at all...its just the generalisation, Ive tried the Rubi TP cutter and got rid of it in less than a week in favour of a Sigma as it was utter plastic crap. However I also used a Tx before Christmas and found it as good as a sigma and sighting the score even easier.. The TC was recommend to me by a long standing member on here and its a great piece of kit, so all I'm saying is you can't just totally write off a well established name like Rubi just because they've brought a few duff machines out..

jasper

TF
Reaction score
Its not your opinion that doesn't sit well with me at all...its just the generalisation, Ive tried the Rubi TP cutter and got rid of it in less than a week in favour of a Sigma as it was utter plastic crap. However I also used a Tx before Christmas and found it as good as a sigma and sighting the score even easier.. The TC was recommend to me by a long standing member on here and its a great piece of kit, so all I'm saying is you can't just totally write off a well established name like Rubi just because they've brought a few duff machines out..

Point taken, and I know you're right in principle - my experience of Rubi was so poor I wouldn't spend another penny with them and if someone is considering spending money with them, I'd be inclined to steer them towards a company that shows more courtesy to their customer than they did me. The thread I posted the link to, was championing Montolit, partly becasue their machine is far, far superior to the Rubi in build quality and straightline cuts but also because they took the time to follow up with the sale and make sure everything was ok with the machine. Their blades are the best I've come across as well.
Companies need to own their mistakes - Rubi didn't. So based on that, my opinion is to steer clear of Rubi.

I

Italy

a few years ago I had problems with 30mm thick porcelain cuts and only rubi solved.
having said that, I think the last TZ tile cutter is a good one
product, even if I have not tried.
montolit, I tried all the dry blades
and I can tell you that it exists better, maybe in the wet cut it is
the best, but I have not tried.
customer assistance, montolit the best, raimondi and sigma a little less but good.
it's only my opinions, tested on my skin.

T

Time's Ran Out

Apart from a hand held Cristal tile scribe, a Swedacor rail cutter and a Dewalt 2400 I’ve only ever owned 5 varying in size Rubi dry rail cutters!
So in 45 years others have come and are still here but my needs are fulfilled by Rubi.

D

Dumbo

I gave my personal opinion of Rubi. The build quality on their products seem really poor based on my experience. I have also spoken to a few suppliers of Rubi who say the same. I have old Rubi gear which has done many years but their latest products, in my opinion, are terrible. And that is what the OP was asking for - an opinion. Their technical team, again in my opinion are poor.
Sorry if my opinion doesn't sit well with you, and you're correct in your assumption, I haven't used it.
What rubi product did you use that was so bad and how did rubi wrong you.

C

Concrete guy

Guys, does anybody use a plunge cutter to do very good 1m long cuts? Or have hired one.?

To answer this question specifically.

We do a range of blades that convert carpentry saws to work in tile/stone masonry. One of which is a porcelain blade.

However, carpentry saws cut in the opposite direction to a wet tile saw or how you would use an angle grinder. Generally you cut down through the surface of a tile, preferably with water. Carpentry plunge saws cut on the upstroke like a circular saw.

Cutting the work piece upside down can work, but it's difficult to see how accurate you're being.

As an aside, Festool market and actively support their tools (particularly the TS55) for stone masonry and tile in Germany. Yet in the UK if you use it for that purpose it invalidates the warranty. odd.

OP
aflemi

aflemi

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Andy, or anyone have used the Rubi DS250. I'm planning on hiring one for a week. Max cut 1045mm and 91 kg so looks like it could handle my whole job. Any opinions on this please?

J

J Sid

not used it but sure it will do the job, maybe worth getting a new decent blade that suits what you want to cut

B

Bill

Andy, or anyone have used the Rubi DS250. I'm planning on hiring one for a week. Max cut 1045mm and 91 kg so looks like it could handle my whole job. Any opinions on this please?
That cutter doesn't have a plunge facility so it would be a no from me.

I prefer the Raimondi saws and can be bought for roughly the same price as the Rubi ones.

Hers is my recommendation

Wet Tile Saw Raimondi BOLT120 - https://www.ceramic-tiling-tools.co.uk/collections/bridge-saws/products/rm01-225ms120gb-8024648089762

U

Unused Account 1

Aflemi,what ive done a few times is mark the tile use clamps to clamp timber on the lines.then angle grind ,with thin blade

Reply to Recommendations for best table wet saw? in the Tiling Tools - Tile Tools area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tiling Tools

Find the cheapest price for both professional and DIY wall and floor tiling tools in the UK. Brands such as Rubi, Genesis, Fein, Karl Dahm, isomat, Schluter, Tilemaster and more.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock