Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Recommendations for best table wet saw? in the Tiling Tools - Tile Tools area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

aflemi

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
I've a vitrex 750w wet cutter which generally suits my needs along with an angle grinder. However I have a couple of jobs coming up where I need 1m long cuts which need to be dead straight with both edges well finished. Can anyone recommend a saw and blade to do the job?

OP
aflemi

aflemi

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Mmm, I have a 1200 Big Clinker but the cut isn't that straight. Also, long story but I need to reduce the size of the tile by the 2mm blade width to create 2 extra grout lines per tile.

OP
aflemi

aflemi

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Well for this job only 12 but if it's cost effective it would be a useful piece of kit to have.

OP
aflemi

aflemi

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Ok this is the situation... I have a feature wall to do using 1m x.5m tiles landscape. So 5 tiles high, 3 wide. Customer went to my suppliers who suggested rows 2 & 4 could have the tiles cut lengthways so 25, 15 & 10mm and those cuts staggered. They have a cutting service but will cost +ÂŁ300 to set up and make 12 cuts (2 each tile x 6). I reckon I can do it myself with good quality cutter and blade and set the ÂŁ300 off against cost of machine. ....

S

Spare Tool

Have you thought about a Rubi Tc180 rail wet and dry cutter, bought one myself before Christmas and am impressed with it..
The ÂŁ300 will pay for a good chunk of it.

OP
aflemi

aflemi

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Hi Andy I have a dewalt circular tile saw which tbh I haven't used for a while, if I had a table with a solid guide rail or fence I'd give that a go but I like the idea of the blade sliding along a guiding bar which I think would give me a perfect cut. How would the Rubi work for my requirements above do you reckon?

S

Spare Tool

Hi Andy I have a dewalt circular tile saw which tbh I haven't used for a while, if I had a table with a solid guide rail or fence I'd give that a go but I like the idea of the blade sliding along a guiding bar which I think would give me a perfect cut. How would the Rubi work for my requirements above do you reckon?
Think it would work well, the blade it comes with is a turbo blade and might be a bit heavy for what you need, ATS however do a continuous rim to fit the Rubi and is a much finner cut with the water feed on, the rails are 800mm so you would need a couple of those plus clamps.. Whole lot would probably come in around ÂŁ500.

Reply to Recommendations for best table wet saw? in the Tiling Tools - Tile Tools area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tiling Tools

Find the cheapest price for both professional and DIY wall and floor tiling tools in the UK. Brands such as Rubi, Genesis, Fein, Karl Dahm, isomat, Schluter, Tilemaster and more.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
sj1709
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock