Search the forum,

Discuss rapid set in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

D

davebates

Hi guys , so i go into tile shop this morning still half asleep to pick up my adhesive for the day ive got 400 x 200 wickes ceramic tiles to fit to skimmed plaster board in a bathroom, shower area has been tanked and all area's primed with sbr, so im after a rapid set for said job. The chap in the some says i shouldn't use cement based on bathroom walls the only place it should be used is swimming pools and also rapid set will do something to glaze on the ceramics and definitely shouldn't be used at this point being half awake im starting to question my self, he then proceeds to try to flog me tubbed gear which says will go off in a bout a week. I stick to my guns about wanting bagged addy but end up with slow set. I know hes incorrect about cement based in the bathroom but is there a query about rapid set and ceramic tiles ???

cheers

O

Olz

Never heard anything as daft in my life. What tile shop was it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D

davebates

i dont wanna name and shame i cant remember if i mentioned if it was tanked i remember saying that ive primed with sbr so tubbed gear would take forever to go off i used a jonsons kit to tank as long as i know rapid set and ceramics are compatable im happy

G

Gazzer

The thing is though Dave, is that I know that the boss would want to know if his staff are giving wrong or right info. We hear all too often about stores giving bad info but if you just post here and not inform the boss then nothing changes ?

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Tell the boss and the plebb who's giving that information out what the crack is! Needs to stop this bad advice lark but I doubt it ever will.

T

tfs

What a plonker. Next time he tries to give you bad advice tell him to shut up and ask someone else to serve you.

It seems like pure arrogance to me not just stupidity. I think this guys has some how managed to get confused and he is probably new to this position.

Reply to rapid set in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen