Search the forum,

Discuss Random photo from your day in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums.com.

Q

Qwerty

Just found this On auto express-

"A simplified explanation of the main difference between LED headlights and Xenons (sometimes called high-intensity discharge lights, or HIDs) is this: Xenon headlights are essentially very bright, ultraintense versions of normal light blubs, while LEDs use an entirely different process to create light -- one that relies on diodes and electrons rather than a filament and gas.

Because of their differences, the two types of lights have some advantages and disadvantages compared to one another. LEDs hold almost all the advantages, including size (they're smaller, which allows them to be fitted more easily in car designs), lifespan (they last longer) and energy consumption (they use very little). Not surprisingly, however, LEDs are a lot more expensive to make than Xenons -- and that's why many automakers have been holding off on using the technology until recently."

F

Flintstone

Ha ha. I was offered an led kit earlier this week but turned it down. Perhaps I’ll look for one .nighteye it was

W

WetSaw

With the plague of vans getting broken into and tools stolen that seems to be going on in the UK, I'd be spending money on security before toys;)

Q

Qwerty

With the plague of vans getting broken into and tools stolen that seems to be going on in the UK, I'd be spending money on security before toys;)

Depends alot on where you live and park the van. That aside, my transit had the latest security update at the last oil change, lock shields and loom cover. And my bedroom window is 2 feet away from the back of my van as you can see in the photo. Good luck to the fool who wants to waste his time trying :D

I see bright lights as important as any tool for my business. Some of the country roads down here are lethal with poor lighting. :thumbsup:

D

Dumbo

Depends alot on where you live and park the van. That aside, my transit had the latest security update at the last oil change, lock shields and loom cover. And my bedroom window is 2 feet away from the back of my van as you can see in the photo. Good luck to the fool who wants to waste his time trying :D

I see bright lights as important as any tool for my business. Some of the country roads down here are lethal with poor lighting. :thumbsup:
Especially the new forest where you can hit random ponies

O

On one

You leave the country for 5mins and somebody has gone and pressed the button!

20180118_071702.jpg

D

Deleted member 49260

Xenon HID kit & LED everything else :thumbsup:
Xenon or HID? Xenon is 'just' a bright bulb, HID is carbon arc and needs ballasts etc (and often loom upgrades) and should have self levelling - to give that annoying flashing wobble as cars rock over poor roads...

D

Deleted member 49260

That's full blown HID that is and it's damn cheap! You do realise if they've got a kit for my car you've cost me money ;-)
You should really swap back to bulbs for MOT as you've not got self levelling or headlamp washers and testers are supposed to check now - then swap back obviously...

Q

Qwerty

That's full blown HID that is and it's damn cheap! You do realise if they've got a kit for my car you've cost me money ;-)
You should really swap back to bulbs for MOT as you've not got self levelling or headlamp washers and testers are supposed to check now - then swap back obviously...

It's bright, its better than the old bulbs, it works, it's got a years guarantee and its a 15 minute job to fit them. Thanks for your thoughts but they're staying in

Reply to Random photo from your day in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen