Search the forum,

Discuss quarry tiles and damp proofing. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

G

guppy

Hello,although drying times would be an issue what about a cement slurry then a levelling compound?

T

tfs

I have used one product for this in the past (F75 by F.Ball), this is a two coat resin based surface membrane.

I firstly primed and then smoothed over the concrete base with slc and once dry coated with the dpm, left this coat to dry and applied another coat perpendicular to the direction of the first coat. Once this is dried it can be smoothed over with another thin skim of slc and once dry will be ready for the tile.

Manafacturers such as ARDEX etc also supply the same type of product!

For me this would be the way forward. Each coat of the membrane takes only a few hours before you can walk over it (although, you may need to wait longer before coating again). Get the tiler to do any other prep work and you could do the membrane coating yourself before you go to bed, this would be dry for you in the morning. Applying a surface dpm is realy simple so could be done by you if needed. (just follow manufacturers instructions)

Reply to quarry tiles and damp proofing. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen