Search the forum,

Discuss QEP - Lash system in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

teebum

Has anyone used this?
I have and wondered if anyone else had and what they thought of it.

CUSH68

TF
Reaction score
been on website and seen the video mate,but thats as far as I got.

Would definately give them a go but can't find a UK supplier.
Where did you get them and were they any good?

Cheers

Mark

D

DHTiling

Just another gimmick...........if you are a good fixer , you don't need to use this type of product........:thumbsup:..

Probably good for diy'ers but not a trades man..IMO......

T

teebum

Very aukward to use, pushing wedges into the clips really hurts your thumbs.
The clips could do with coming in 2mm, 5mm etc thickness to save putting in a spacer, as this was also time consuming.
Problems if any adhesive at all got between the clip and the tile, it caused grout lines to widen.
Impossible to lift a tile and relay it. And if you dont finish the job all in one day there are problems carrying on where the addy has dried under the clip causing the next tile to sit proud. Then you have to try and either get the clip out and not use one on that joint or try to dig addy from under it, both very difficult. We were laying porc tiles to test the stuff and got a few chipped tiles when trying to remove the clips, hence we had to lift and relay some.
My overall thoughts are that they are clumsy, hard work and not worth the hassle. The floor (28M²) took at least 1/2 a day longer to lay.
These are purely my personal thoughts and I am not saying that everyone will find them as painful to use.

T

teebum

Just another gimmick...........if you are a good fixer , you don't need to use this type of product........:thumbsup:..

I am sure that even the best tilers in the world get lippage, these are supposed to help eliminate this on very expensive jobs. A good professional will always accept help if it is available to do a better job IMO :yawn:

W

wetdec

I am sure that even the best tilers in the world get lippage, these are supposed to help eliminate this on very expensive jobs. A good professional will always accept help if it is available to do a better job IMO :yawn:

Then I'm sure all the pro tilers that buy their gear from Bee n cue will be extatic to find this cant live without product :lol:

G

Grace'sDad

I'd have a go!

No way can they make up for an uneven floor or poor prep' though.
I would imagine (if they work like they seem to claim) that with straight-edge tiles i.e. polished porcelain, they may make a "good job" that bit more perfect.

I like the concept, but would have to try it to see.

J

James Spelrem

lash system is excelent for 18*18 and up not cost effective for any thing under really good product

Reply to QEP - Lash system in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen