Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Price Check in the Australia area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

mma

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Good evening all, need to quote for a job and would like to know what prices you would give, so...
50m2 total area
6mm insulated board
UFH matting
Self level
600x600 Quartz (in discussions about the quality)
Running through 5 rooms
It's in a new build but the floor isn't great and this is labour only, with 2 of us doing the fitting.
Thanks in advance :thumbsup:

Last edited:
J

J Sid

So
Stick insulation boards down, may need priming on both sides depending on board.
Lay ufh
Self levelling compound over the top
Fit quartz with latex base adhesive if manufacturers say it is ok with ufh , most are not
Grout

mma

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
So
Stick insulation boards down, may need priming on both sides depending on board.
Lay ufh
Self levelling compound over the top
Fit quartz with latex base adhesive if manufacturers say it is ok with ufh , most are not
Grout
Bal PTB is the adhesive which has been recommended by Topps

H

hmtiling

Bal PTB is the adhesive which has been recommended by Topps
Never heard that before. Should be 2 part adhesive with no water. This job sounds like a headache to me. I'd insist on 2 part and get it in writing that the tiles are suitable for ufh

J

J Sid

I would talk to bal, but I would say NO to BAL PTB, needs to be bottle plus powder.

I would also talk to the quartz manufacturers with regards the ufh.

Do all of this in writing or emails, I would want anything Topps staff say in writing.

If they have some tiles in stock, go and read the box, I have just done some quartz from and say laytex base adhesive only.....

H

hmtiling

With regard to price, unless i was very quiet, i'd want around £3k labour only. If i was very busy and it isn't a regular contact £3.5k

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Yeah every quartz / composite I have done has stated latex on the box. I wouldn't even bother with Topps staff and only communicate with manufacturer direct.

Reply to Price Check in the Australia area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
laattaana
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks