Search the forum,

Discuss Plastic tile edging in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

mjones29

Thanks for all you previous advice.
I have tiled around widows before ok using plastic tile edging
I now have one flat wall that will be part tiled and part painted.A good edge is needed between tile and painted part
Thinking of using tile edging from floor to ceiling
Do you fit trim to wall first then tile away from it using it as a vertical edge or do you put up tiles leaving the final row till after you fit trim

Any help appreciated

D

doug boardley

If I've visualised what you're asking, I put trim on corner, and tile out from it:thumbsup:

Reaction score
its a shame ceramic tiles bullnosing was stopped years ago , i am not a lover of trim but you dont have much choice if its half way in the wall,

M

mjones29

Thanks for the reply doug
The tiling is from floor to ceiling extending out from corner 1mtr to form one of the corner showers walls
wife wants rest of wall painted
have i explained it better this time

H

hillhead

the trim will cover edge well,even chrome ones add a bit of class.try with a full tile if possible from trim with cut at inner corner? i fit trims at same time as tiles when all is soft making sure the adhesive is catching the trim well too.

beanz

TF
Reaction score
If you've marked evrything out and you're ending with a full tile at that end, id stick the trim up 1st and work off it. I just stick it to the wall with a bit of addy, pressting the trim into it with a scraper/trowel and removing excess addy. :thumbsup:

Reply to Plastic tile edging in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen