Search the forum,

Discuss Plastic overlay ufh!!!! in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Bopster

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
Well the deed has been done and I’ve informed my customer of the issues, they were really grateful and have put the issue to the plumber concerned in writing. They have stated to him to do the job correctly or walk away and I’ll do it for them. I still dread to think how much more he will try to charge, though this shouldn’t be my concern if they are happy to pay
Who Thinks I may have upset the plumber with this lol

W

Waluigi

You’ve done the right thing. No Plumber worth his salt would be running an UFH system off a TRV. The idea is just demented.

Being honest, why on earth would the customer be entertaining the idea of using that guy, now that you’ve pointed out the flaws in his methods. Hopefully they trust in what you’ve said and make the right decision:thumbsup:

Boggs

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Well the deed has been done and I’ve informed my customer of the issues, they were really grateful and have put the issue to the plumber concerned in writing. They have stated to him to do the job correctly or walk away and I’ll do it for them. I still dread to think how much more he will try to charge, though this shouldn’t be my concern if they are happy to pay
Who Thinks I may have upset the plumber with this lol

It’s ok I know where you live.....:smilingimp:

:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Bopster

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
I know they have trusted me on this but I have backed up my case by attaching in my email the manufacturers installation video showing what’s required and another link to an manufacturer showing why and how each part is required.
I’ve well and truly shot his method to shreds

Wayne Brown

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
You have done the right thing your work needs to go on top of this and it needs to be 100 per cent correct which it was obviously not . Kop

Bopster

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
well tomorrow the plumber has decided to meet on site with me and the customer, he now reckons a blending valve will be fitted and that’s all required lol
What sort of dream land is this plonker in

Boggs

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
well tomorrow the plumber has decided to meet on site with me and the customer, he now reckons a blending valve will be fitted and that’s all required lol
What sort of dream land is this plonker in

Uh oh!

W

Waluigi

I’d have moved on to the next job by now. Too much risk working with people you have to constantly look over. Lay it on the line, let the customer make the decision. My way or the highway :tearsofjoy:

Reply to Plastic overlay ufh!!!! in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

A little help guys. I've been asked to price 71sqm of limestone flooring. My issue is this...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen