Search the forum,

Discuss plasterboard onto tiles with dryfix in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

R

Ray

I have a bathroom to do which all the walls are tiled. The client wants plastered walls to paint. I was going to use pinkgrip dryfix to fix the plasterboard to the tile. Anyone done this before? I dont have a lot of room to fix battons to as too thick and the door wont close. I originaly thought of taking off the tiles, but they are on the honeycomb double sided plasterboard and there is a good chance I would damage the plasterboard to both bathroom and the next room. Any imput would be most greatful.

R

Ray

The walls are not masonry under the plasteboard. just some honeycome and another layer of plasterboard in the next room

W

White Room

Paramount, that what it is called and it's part of the wall to the next room as well

R

Ray

use gyproc primer and you can plaster directly ontop of the tiles
I would not be doing the plastering myself as i know my limitations but good to know what my options are. Thanks .
Would that be a thin layer of plaster or thicker stuff i have to wait weeks to dry.?

P

Perry

you could stick the plasterboard on the tiles with SPF but it will only be as strong as the tiles adhesive already under the tiles which you don't know what it is as long as you only damage the the tile side go with whitebeam :pete

Reply to plasterboard onto tiles with dryfix in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen