Search the forum,

Discuss PAT testing in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

MTiler

Hi Peeps

We've all got electrical gismos to get certain jobs done quicker but does anyone ever get then tested for safety?
I recently had my Fein fixed and it came back with a safety test sticker on it, but had no re-test date on it.
This got me thinking about my other stuff and how often it should be tested. Theres plenty of info on t'internet about the regulations but no clear cut info on how often PAT testing should be done. All my stuff is 240V.
Anyone know?

cheers
MissyT

D

diamondtiling

Pat testing is carried out every 12 months. If your only on domestic work then you dont have to have your tools tested. As I do commercial work quite a lot I have all electrical equipment pat tested by my electrician friend

:thumbsup:

U

united

I had a company call me last week offering to PAT test all my tools but I don't entertain cold callers so I didn't get all the info. :oops:

I know that if anything happened with your tools the first thing that would be asked is when were they tested last.

Would be interested to find out the rules and regulations regarding PAT testing of tools for domestic use :thumbsup:

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I don't beleive there is a specific regulation which says how often PAT testing should be done. The regs just say electrical items should be maintained in a safe condition. Most people go for 12month intervals but if the unit fails between the tests and it is unsafe an employer (and possibly the employee as well) would be liable. The use of 12 month intervals really only demonstrates to the HSE that an employer is taking reasonable precautions to maintain the equipment in a safe working condition. I do know of some units where I used to work which were heavily used pretty much 24 hours a day and these were PAT tested daily.

Reply to PAT testing in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
The trustpilot reviews for tilers-world are excellent, but there's not a huge number of them...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen