Search the forum,

Discuss passing on trade discount in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

mikethetile

how many of you pass on the full trade discount on materials to your customers

I do on the basis that I charge enough for my time and the discount makes me more competitive on price and costs me nothing

kilty55

TF
Arms
Reaction score
i used to give 15 percent and take the rest myself a few years ago,currently i give more than that to win the jobs and as yourself mike i charge what i would consider a higher labour rate than others might

the lure of getting possibly 400 pounds discount on there tiles usually helps win the day

I

Ian

dont understand that surely you only supply at discount if your fixing

Some people ask for supply only, so obviously I'll give them a bit of discount but not full whack. If I'm doing the fitting I don't make anything on the tiles supplied, do put a bit on addy and grout though.

M

mikethetile

Some people ask for supply only, so obviously I'll give them a bit of discount but not full whack. If I'm doing the fitting I don't make anything on the tiles supplied, do put a bit on addy and grout though.

I understand now Brian, yes I would charge retail if someone wanted supply only as I would want to cover my time

Reply to passing on trade discount in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen