Search the forum,

Discuss outdoor work in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

dhsanta65

Was working outside today tiling a patio 9m2, finished tiling but could not grout due to bit of a down pour. Used Bal rapid set which had already gone off when rain came on and soaked the work area.
Will the rain affect the adhesive in any way as it had just gone off ??
Going back tomorrow to finish it.

D

davy_G

Iye addy should be fine, not ideal getting a soaking though. Could the water run out of the grout lines. They will need to be nice and dry to grout.
IVe learned the hard way by spilling water on a floor i was about to grout, nightmare!

kilty55

TF
Arms
Reaction score
i carry a big tarpaulin for outdoor work,,the weather is so unpredictable,

if you do get a shoer/down pour i cover it and sit in van till it goes away.

D

dhsanta65

Went back to grout job today, weather dry but cloudy just got home and guess what an other down pour, now worried about the grout as it will not be fully cured (bal super flex) tell me it should be OK.
Grout had been in a good couple of hours.

B

brian c

make sure between the tiles dont have a lot of water in them before you grout and cover up after you grout or you will get effloresence.:thumbsup:

D

dhsanta65

Sorry Brian whats effloresence ? Rain came on after I was home and I had not covered it up!

Reply to outdoor work in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen