Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Organising Tiling Van Layout in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

P

pendleh

Hi

Anyone any advice on how to fit your van out i.e. sections you may want etc. Also a list of adhesive /grout you should always have in your van. Any info appreciated.

Best Wishes

Howard

______
ADVERT
______

If you're looking for Tilers Vans then checkout Trade Van Leasing.

G

GazTech

Try to limit what you keep in your van Howard. Small amounts of rapid set and silicone are handy, but if you try to keep grout stocks your van will need to be the size of a small country....Gaz

F

Fekin

Personally, I would only keep a spare bag of rapidset and maybe one tub of ready mixed addy like whitestar in the van and that's it, so that will always cover you if you run short on most jobs for sticky.

N

nickj

Open back door, throw it all in, shut door before it all falls out.

Oh and some rapidset and tubbed gear like above.

B

Bolter

I like to be pretty neat with my van. The rear third has been boxed in so all my tools (tool box, wetwheel, ts50, generator, washboy) fit at the back on two levels. The front 2/3rds is for tiles, adhesives and grouts, buckets, dustsheets etc. On the walls I have places for levels, trowels etc, and running the length of the van, on the ceiling I have drain pipe in which I keep all my trims.

G

Grace'sDad

I started with a nice organised, clean van and after a few months I would now follow nickj's advice!!!

J

JIMBOB187

I second the above, I try to clean the back of my van every second Sunday, by Wednesday night it's back to being a mess, why do I bother:mad2:

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Hi. Now and again I have a bit of a clear out and my van is tidy and I can get to everything but after 2 or 3 jobs it's all a muddle again. If you have any grout left over from a job just chuck it coz it just clutters the van up and you've already charged the customer for it so you haven't lost anything. I just buy my addy and grouts for each job. No spares for me. I've got a partner van and I've built one shelf at the front to put wet cutter on so there is room under that shelf. I definately need a bigger van!! Got my new sparky mixer coming this week too so gonna have to do something. Plenty of room upwards, gotta watch those lo bridges mind you :grin:

D

Dave Ramsden

LMGDAO:yes:
Im exactly the same though now I have a 3" deep false floor to slide trim offcuts, sweeping brush and sledge hammer, for those awkward non-payers :grin:

A

Alberta Stone

I drove a 1 1/2 ton cube van, looks just like the ones you see in the movies for carting swat teams about, for about 15 years.
Worked good, only had to swap the motor out once.
But fuel got to be a real overhead and so now I drive a newer model 1/2 ton truck.
I can fit everything I need into it for work and I put everything in the shop for the night.
I have various big boxes each for particular things, so it is relatively easy to lug stuff about.
Plus having 2 sons to help unpack in the evening really helps.

S

stev1904

. I placed a shelf across the back of the van with two supporting battons from the floor/wheel arch.The shelf holds my equipment/hand tools. On one arch sits the cutter for that job, on the other sits my sds drill and cordless. This leaves room for product and my tool box. As for the mess and dust, I never carry or trail round tubs, full and open bag of adhesive or grout. This make cleaning easy and save you money.

Last edited by a moderator:
T

TilingLogistics

I like to be pretty neat with my van. The rear third has been boxed in so all my tools (tool box, wetwheel, ts50, generator, washboy) fit at the back on two levels. The front 2/3rds is for tiles, adhesives and grouts, buckets, dustsheets etc. On the walls I have places for levels, trowels etc, and running the length of the van, on the ceiling I have drain pipe in which I keep all my trims.

I hate neat people:lol::lol::lol:

Kev

T

TilingLogistics

I started with a nice organised, clean van and after a few months I would now follow nickj's advice!!!

I start every week organized and it's like that till the unload. Then every job while I am in the clients house someone goes in the back of my van and messes it all up again:huh2::huh2:

Kev

Reply to Organising Tiling Van Layout in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowpaul22
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks