Search the forum,

Discuss Organising Tiling Van Layout in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

Dave Ramsden

Open back door, throw it all in, shut door before it all falls out.

Oh and some rapidset and tubbed gear like above.

LMGDAO:yes:
Im exactly the same though now I have a 3" deep false floor to slide trim offcuts, sweeping brush and sledge hammer, for those awkward non-payers :grin:

A

Alberta Stone

I drove a 1 1/2 ton cube van, looks just like the ones you see in the movies for carting swat teams about, for about 15 years.
Worked good, only had to swap the motor out once.
But fuel got to be a real overhead and so now I drive a newer model 1/2 ton truck.
I can fit everything I need into it for work and I put everything in the shop for the night.
I have various big boxes each for particular things, so it is relatively easy to lug stuff about.
Plus having 2 sons to help unpack in the evening really helps.

S

stev1904

. I placed a shelf across the back of the van with two supporting battons from the floor/wheel arch.The shelf holds my equipment/hand tools. On one arch sits the cutter for that job, on the other sits my sds drill and cordless. This leaves room for product and my tool box. As for the mess and dust, I never carry or trail round tubs, full and open bag of adhesive or grout. This make cleaning easy and save you money.

Last edited by a moderator:
T

TilingLogistics

I like to be pretty neat with my van. The rear third has been boxed in so all my tools (tool box, wetwheel, ts50, generator, washboy) fit at the back on two levels. The front 2/3rds is for tiles, adhesives and grouts, buckets, dustsheets etc. On the walls I have places for levels, trowels etc, and running the length of the van, on the ceiling I have drain pipe in which I keep all my trims.

I hate neat people:lol::lol::lol:

Kev

T

TilingLogistics

I started with a nice organised, clean van and after a few months I would now follow nickj's advice!!!

I start every week organized and it's like that till the unload. Then every job while I am in the clients house someone goes in the back of my van and messes it all up again:huh2::huh2:

Kev

T

tynetile

i have a new citroen nemo...small but it does the job! i keep my tiles, addys etc. in front half and tools wherever they fit :lol:

Reaction score
That sounds like the perfect tiler system mate, any chance of some pictures? Mines turning into the Chuck it in & close the door quick system !!!

B

Bubblecraft

You may be lucky to get a reply to this thread. It is over 3 years old. There are many other recent threads with pics on how our vans are racked

Reply to Organising Tiling Van Layout in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen