Search the forum,

Discuss opus romano in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

B

basshunter

Would you have any tips setting out opus romano-never done the modular thing before...nice big room 28 m2 so nothing awkward.do i use the smallest tile to set out?how the hell do you start off lol

CJ

TF
Arms
Reaction score
642d_1.jpg

This may help you BH.

It did me when I tiled my kitchen/Dining room/ Hall and utility room.

Well, thats not all totally correct...............I still have to do Hall and Utility room.........much to my wifes annoyance:yes:
----
Oh.......Here is it part finished :thumbsup:

KitchenTravertine011.jpg

Last edited:
T

Tilestiles

Thats just like the limestone job I just done. Except I put a 150mm skirting on also for customer. Nice job CJ!!

T

Tilestiles

Get the overall length and width of the pattern then see how many full patterns you can fit in the room. Centralise those then fill in round it accordingly following the same pattern with the outside cuts. Be careful though as the pattern interlocks so you need to take that into account also. Thats the way I did it. You can also do it on excel on pc. If you do it on excel, you can virtually do it to scale which helps before laying. When I did mine on excel, I colour coded each size of tile also for ease of use. Most tile shops should supply a plan also of how the pattern works

R

russ

pattern should have been supplied by retailer ! but a quick google of opus romano pattern should help:grin:

CJ

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I just printed the above pattern out filling an A4 sheet and as above........

Lay a section out. Center room and measure out to avoid wastage.

Only thing is, you have to keep the concentration as 1 wrong tile can balls up the lot. If you have'nt done it before.......use a slow set adhesive (White)

And have fun :thumbsup: :yes:

W

White Room

Howabout having some thick lining paper tape couple of sheets together lay on floor, Lay tile pattern on top and mark out all the tiles in the pattern, Then cut round the whole pattern. Use that to gauge where your cuts and layout will be. A bit basic but should help.

Reply to opus romano in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen