Search the forum,

Discuss Notched trowel size in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

beanz

TF
Reaction score
It really depends on the state of the wall. If the wall was totally flat, you could get away with 6mm, but I'd usually use an 8mm. If the wall is really all over the place, try a 10mm.

I

Ian

8/10mm would be my choice. I use a worn 10mm trowel for walls, the notches are still 10mm wide but, probably only 8mm deep.

S

Stef

8/10mm would be my choice. I use a worn 10mm trowel for walls, the notches are still 10mm wide but, probably only 8mm deep.

Measure that trowel front & back & mark it at 10mm, draw a line then get the grinder on it with a metal blade!!
New 10mm trowel!! Money saving tip!!!

As said above depends on how flat the wall is.

Reply to Notched trowel size in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good Evening, I installed 12x24 wall tile in my shower remodel. I realize now that I should have...
Replies
Views
Manufacturer specified 3mm bed for these large format (2.4x1.2m) tiles, and that's what the...
Replies
Views
Hello I have an external hollow block wall which is really brittle and uneven. Although I will...
Replies
Views
I have a laminate flooring that is 12 mm to a down stairs toilet having to put new tiles down...
Replies
Views
Hi, first time posting. I’m in the middle of tiling my own bathroom, first time having a go at...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen