Search the forum,

Discuss Newbie tiler :- What to buy from screwfix in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

J

jonnywells

Never really dont any tiling before and got to tile my kitchen floor and wall :)

I have read that stuff from B&Q/focus/wickes etc is not that great, i have got a screwfix down the road and they seem to have a good selection of grouts and adhesive.

The floor is plywood and walls are plaster.

Any advise on what products to buy from screwfix when i pop there over the weekend? Need both grout and adhesive

C

Colour Republic

Where are you buying your tiles from? Some tile stores may do you a deal if you are getting it all at the same time , tiles, materials, tools etc etc

J

jonnywells

I think wall tiles will be topps tiles and poss the floor tiles as well. I live in the
Leicester area and do know any tiles warehouse around here :(

Is the topps tiles brand grout/adhesive any good?

Last edited by a moderator:
C

Colour Republic

Topps are can be expensive for the general public, there is a chance that a tiler in your area could lay the floor for you and save you money on materials and of course not require the purchase of tools. Have you had any quotes in or is this something that you'd like to try anyway. Have you a good idea of the preparations and meathods needed to lay a successful floor? Not trying to put you off doing it yourself but it's best to know the full ins and out before going ahead:thumbsup:

J

jonnywells

Looking to do it myself so i can learn for the future.I have been reading guides on the net and have brought a electric tiles cutter to help.

Just reading on the forum that trade ppl get 40% off adhesive at topps, thats a good discount!

N

nuno bruno

Hi jonny! be careful tiling is not a game,you need specified products , the adeshive to the concrete is not the same to the wood and the grout as well.:8

J

jonnywells

Like said the floor is plywood (It was vinyl).

I wont be doing in on my own, someone who has gone abit of tiling before is going to keep an eye but hay you have got to start/learn somewhere hence asking which products would be best for my situation. I understand that the wood floor is going to need a flexi adhesive

C

Colour Republic

Looking to do it myself so i can learn for the future.I have been reading guides on the net and have brought a electric tiles cutter to help.

Just reading on the forum that trade ppl get 40% off adhesive at topps, thats a good discount!

It is but we buy the stuff day in day out. Good luck with your project and make sure you research all aspects to ensure a good job:thumbsup:

Advice on what tools you need would depend on the type of tile you are going to install

Reply to Newbie tiler :- What to buy from screwfix in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen