Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Newbie question - Ditra matting with Marmox and marble. in the America area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

S

S60_alex

Hi all,

I am currently renovating my bathroom and will be tiling with 450x300x13 marble tiles.

For the floor, so far I have:

Sistered joists to level them out, added noggins every 300mm
18mm ply (with latex primer on sides and rear) screwed at 200mm centres
6mm marmox laid onto Keraquick mixed with Latex Plus (or whatever the name is) and fixed at 200mm centres, joints siliconed
Mapegum & scrim tape over joints

I am now fitting electric underfloor heating that I will encase in Fibreplan SLC.

Once dry, I had planned to tile straight onto this with Keraquick/Latex Plus but having read this excellent forum last night, am I right in thinking that fitting something like Ditra matting over the SLC would also be of benefit?

Many thanks guys!

Alex

S

S60_alex

Hi Alan,

Thanks for the reply. Second question is - what is the best adhesive to use to stick it down to the SLC?

Most posts I can find talk about sticking it to wood.

Alex

Alan.P

TF
Reaction score
A good cement based flexible adhesive, what tile shops have you got in your area.

Sent from my GS2 using Tapatalk

W

White Room

Quote;Sistered joists to level them out.

Never heard of that expression, what does it mean..

S

S60_alex

Hi guys,

Thanks a lot for all the replies - it's really appreciated.

I will use the keraquick adhesive I have to bond the ditra to the marmox boards. The room is only small (the tiled area will be 2m x 2m) but if the ditra matting is the best thing to do I'll definitely go with that.

Yes, by sistering the joists I mean bolting new joists alongside the existing ones.

Alex

Reply to Newbie question - Ditra matting with Marmox and marble. in the America area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mcgtech
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks