Discuss New tiling student in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

Dalef

Hello everyone I'm new to this forum and new to tiling. I've started college to do tiling, thought I'd do the college route, than going to one of them training centres. (due to they cost £1000's)

Start on Monday!

Hope I can get a career in tiling out of it. Any tips? Should I try and be labourer?

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Well done mate which college?

I'd consider being a labourer even for free if you have the time. You would learn a lot on the job.

Welcome aboard by the way. :)

D

Dalef

Cheers mate.

St. Helens, there's only 3 colleges in the northwest that do tiling so I consider myself lucky especially as the teacher said there was about 80 people wanting to join and he only took 20 of us

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Welcome........Dan right do the college course and try and get in with tiler you will learn heaps more..

D

Dalef

Il try and get one of them cards thanks.

Thanks I will try and see how I get on. Looking forward to it!!!

S

Simon benn Leeds

Get yourself a cscs card and Definately try to get labouring with a tiling outfit, college is one thing but on site practical experience (even if it's free labour) will pay you dividends in the future.

Oh and welcome aboard :)

Reply to New tiling student in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Morning all. Dan asked me to post up a thread about our training centre which he can then use...
Replies
Views
Hello, first post, asking about career change and possible entry route into the industry. I know...
Replies
Views
I’m continuing to lift tiles on my dot & dabbed kitchen floor over retofit ufh. i thought I’d...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
Hey everyone, I've been at a stall in my bathroom reno most of this year mainly due to work...
Replies
Views
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Replies you've not seen

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob Marley