Search the forum,

Discuss New Tilers Support - 1 in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

tjsmiler

Re: Any new tilers stuck at all, with anything?

I know i'm not really a newbie anymore but i do have a question..........

When i am grouting up i find that my thong really gets stuck into my bum crack and it becomes very sore!!

I was going to start wearing my lycra boxer shorts but then because of all the sweat i know i would just be left with skid marks!!

So my question is should i stick with wearing my favorite thong and just deal with a sore bum crack..... or should i put up with having stinky skid marks in my boxers but have a healthy raison hole??

Thanks

TJ

G

GazLC81

Ah ha!... something I have experience with!

TJ I can help you here! I too found that my Leopard skin thong was giving me a sore, and also very itchy, crack. I tried Johnson baby powder to help stop the sweating and itching but to no avail!

Then one day, while I was doing to washing I discovered that my girlfriend also had thongs! I picked out a nice silk one in a manly pink (you know the pink I mean, the one all the blokes wear that make them think they look cool!)

I have never looked back since. Due to the very soft fabric I have no itching and no sweat. The only side affect is I cannot wear shorts due to lack of....erm....support!

HTH Gaz

D

DHTiling

Hi

I am a new tiler and have a few questions about tanking
I have not heard of this term before I started reading these forums
could someone tell me what it is exactly and where and when its needed

schluter do a waterproof polthylene membrane called KERDI . this comes on a roll 1mtr wide and is quicker and chaeper to use than conventional tanking kits, plus no time waiting for it to dry as you can tile on it straight away....dave...

p.s. here's a link to there website... Schluter KERDI waterproof matting from Schluter systems: suitable for wet rooms and shower areas

S

soapybubble

you might find that wearing nothing at all will help.... Could also be a route for extra revenue also??? Nude tiling - that'll take on!!!

Hope this helps

G

GazTech

Hi

I am a new tiler and have a few questions about tanking
I have not heard of this term before I started reading these forums
could someone tell me what it is exactly and where and when its needed
Go to the wet room tanking section link by Vince

Last edited by a moderator:
S

sriel1

Hi Dan,

Do you know what the BS5385 is for 'dot and dab' tiling?

Ive tiled large format porcelain tiles onto uneven gypsum plaster walls and theyve come loose. Been searching the net for extracts from BS5385-1 without luck. Not willing to pay £120 if it doent have what im looking for.

Do you know where I can hire a copy or download this reference booklet?

Warm Regards...
----
Just to add to above,

although Ive dot & dabbed the tiles they have +75% adhesive coverage to the wall.
Any reference to this in the book?

Thanks...

D

DHTiling

wot adhesive did you use ....did you prime walls or use pva......dave..

S

sriel1

Used Granfix 1 part Flexible Rapidset, Walls were adequately primed beforehand.
A sales rep from granfix had a look at the premises and noted that it could be down to settlement - it was a newbuild house and the walls could have shrunk over time.

Still in dispute though, and need to know what BS5385 states.
Is it worth buying this doc, and if so what section should I order?

Regards
Ben

V

Varley

Did you actually dot & dab the tiles onto the wall?

How large a format are we talking, lenght, width & thickness will be a factor.

S

sriel1

Yeah the tiles were dot and dabbed onto the wall.

Ive taken a sample loose tile off the wall and all the adhesive is connected to the tile, which covers more than 3/4 of the tile.

Tiles were 400x600mm porcelain, approx 5mm depth...

Reply to New Tilers Support - 1 in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen