• Thread starter Tiberius
  • Start date
  • Replies 22
  • Views 9K
  • usa
Search the forum,

Discuss New rotozip! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
I have both Rotozip and Porsadrill bits. For cutting clean holes for pipes the Porsadrill is first class. For cutting those nasty odd curves (e.g. if you cut around toilet and sink plinth bases) the Rotozip is the tool to use. Both tool bits require care to get the best out of them. I burnt out my Porsadrill 16mm bit cutting through a hard floor tile - my fault probably for drilling too fast! The Rotozip bits are prone to breakage if you dont take care to drill in a sawing motion. Either way - not following the manufacturers guides is expensive!

D

Deleted member 1779

Nice bit of Feedback Andy. Send me by PM your address and we will send out a replacement 16mm as goodwill.

It might not arrive quickly because we are blocked out this week at the Gadget Show in Birmingham NEC.

I guess the message is really to read the instructions. With our kit the three golden rules are not to press too hard, to use some water and finally to drill slowly. That gets you the maximum lifespan per diamond core and holesaw. The main point is to keep the heat out of the core bit.
365drills_pack.jpg

All drilling is a wear and tare exercise but the steps you take to keep them cool will prolong the lifespan.

M

mikethetile

Ive had a rotozip for a few years now , its one of the first bosch ones

handy bit of kit but bits pricey

I agree with stan, if you want it for drilling holes use a drill it will last longer

I use mine as a mini router and for freehand trimming work

D

Deleted member 1779

Oh yes I can see from the packaging that its all black and scorched....

115mm.jpg

10.jpg

You did use Evian pure spring bottled water I hope. Unless you use premium bottled water they wont work. Dont ever try tap water !!! :lol:

38.jpg

Failing that a bottle of white wine... (Dont use red wine to cool them only white wine works) :lol:

M

mikethetile

would homemade rhubarb wine circa 04 do the job richard

im asking as everyone refuses to drink it

it tastes allright, nice and smooth with a hint of rhubarb but it has a funny effect on their speech and legs

would this be a suitable lubricant

D

Deleted member 1779

couldnt get my badboy code to work so didnt get the 115 mm bit

Thats because the discount code is not Badboy..... ITS BIGBOY !!!!

If you use Bigboy as a discount code (and providing you have a bathroom fitters in the basket) then there is an automatic half price deal on the 115mm dropping from £59.99 to £29.99

DISCOUNT PROMO CODE: BIGBOY

Reply to New rotozip! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
  • Poll
Hi, I have a small en-suite 1200 x 2400, with a 1200 x 900mm linear drain tray which will have...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen