Search the forum,

Discuss New kitchen floor - sealer / SLC? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

MattW

Hi all,

We've just had a new kitchen extension built (25 sq m) which had a trowelled 3" concrete screed layed two weeks ago. The trouble is that the surface of the screed is getting slightly damaged by foot traffic etc and I want to protect it / seal it. There's also a slight low point by the doorway that the screeder painted his way out of which will need SLC.

I don't think I'll be able to get a tiler in before the kitchen is fitted (only 10 days away). Is there a durable sealer / compound that I can use on a two week old quite dusty screed - at the moment I'm about to loose lay hardboard on the floor to try and protect it.

Any advice appreciated!
cheers
Matt

D

diamondtiling

Hi Matt, I would protect it with the hardboard and let the tiler seal it when he/she starts the floor. It may still have a bit of drying to do and sealing it will slow this down.

:thumbsup:

Reply to New kitchen floor - sealer / SLC? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen