Search the forum,

Discuss New cutter, Montolit or Sigma or Battipav in the Tiling Tools > Tile Cutters area at TilersForums.com.

T

tilen2009

Hi guys.
A few years ago i bought cheap tile cutter from local store. Now i found out that it cuts a bit off and also a new wheel is needed. Wheels i can not find anywhere. So i'm in the market for new cutter. It is time to step up, so i need your advice/recommendation. Montolit vs. sigma vs. battipav. What size should i buy? I do like tiling, i do it for myself and family but am not professional. Battipav (Profi Alu Battipav manual tile cutter - FerramentaWeb - https://www.ferramentaweb.com/en/tile-cutters/435-profi-alu-battipav-manual-tile-cutter.html#/modello_tagliapiastrelle_profi_alu_battipav-tagliapiastrelle_profi_100_alu) is a bit interesting, mainly because of the price. What do you guys think? Is anyone here that uses it? Thanks a lot.

G

GoneGuy

I personally use montolit cutters, and there are many different opinions which is the best cutter.
The best advice I would give is for you to pop into your local stores and have a try of the different cutters and see which one you feel comfortable using

T

tilen2009

Adey, thanks for your reply. The only thing is that in may area i can only try Kaufmann and Montolit. And that is it. No sigmas, no rubis, no battipavs.

L

LM

A Sigma can do all that any other brand can do except with more ease, but no other brand can do all that a Sigma can do never mind how easy it may be. I’ve yet to meet a professional tiler that has honestly tried all the above brands that doesn’t choose Sigma. Hands down it’s the best there is in manual tile cutters!

T

tilen2009

Thanks for your input guys. What about the lenght of a cutter? Do i need 100 cm? Greetings from Slovenia.

Gerard

TF
Reaction score
I use the sigma art 3d 93cm I bought it 8 years ago and it's still on it's original wheel there the best tiling tools on the market.
I also have a sigma 10m9 I bought it last year I upgraded from my old sigma wet saw which I had 10 years and it was second hand when I bought it it's a great saw.
Buy the sigma and it will last you a lifetime

Reply to New cutter, Montolit or Sigma or Battipav in the Tiling Tools > Tile Cutters area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen