Search the forum,

Discuss New cutter arrived! in the Tiling Tools | Tile Cutters, Trowels area at TilersForums.com.

Diggy

TF
Reaction score
Well after getting fed up humping the TXN 700 up stairs in town houses , I looked around for a new lightweight cutter. I own both Rubi and Sigma but needed something specific for sitework to cut 60x30 , be lightweight and also for it to cut 60s on angle cos the 2 story/town house type tend to cut into the roofline.
Anyway after mucho looking around I opted for the new Rubi star max 65.
It only weighs 4.8kg , comes with a handy carrybag/backpack and only cost me £114 from Dave at TT , ( I paid extra for Sat delivery ).
Looking forward to using it this week without my arms aching from carrying it into the plot.

Say no more

Diggy - Happy Bunny :0)

kevsalt

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
ive had to give in and bought a sigma 3b4k klik klok jobby ..me old husqy tc670 was gettin tired ...im a rubi man at heart but thought id see what all the hype is about

T

Tile Shop

Rubi don't recommend them for porcelain, ceramic only, but having said that, the original star cutters used to be able to cut 7-8mm porcelain. However it would bend to almost breaking point before the tile would snap as it only has plastic supports. So does the max. Can't see it lasting too long

Could have paid a few quid extra and gone for the Speed Plus. Cutter only weighs 7kg (10 with the case) and has the same breaking power as the TR cutters (600kg). Will do up to 12mm porcelain without too much issue.

B

bcd-87

Rubi don't recommend them for porcelain, ceramic only, but having said that, the original star cutters used to be able to cut 7-8mm porcelain. However it would bend to almost breaking point before the tile would snap as it only has plastic supports. So does the max. Can't see it lasting too long

Could have paid a few quid extra and gone for the Speed Plus. Cutter only weighs 7kg (10 with the case) and has the same breaking power as the TR cutters (600kg). Will do up to 12mm porcelain without too much issue.

I like the TR cutters

Diggy

TF
Reaction score
I also have an older Rubi star 50 , which I've used to lay porcelanosa 44x44 floor tiles . Just scribed and broke them on the back pillar of the cutter. Used the new one today , what a joy , hands tools in one hand , adhesive in the other hand and new cutter on my back ! Happy days only one trip up the town house , tiles I'd left there last week to do the boxing.

Diggy

Reply to New cutter arrived! in the Tiling Tools | Tile Cutters, Trowels area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tiling Tools

Find the cheapest price for both professional and DIY wall and floor tiling tools in the UK. Brands such as Rubi, Genesis, Fein, Karl Dahm, isomat, Schluter, Tilemaster and more.

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen