Discuss New build underfloor heating and tile installation in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Nalaka

-
Reaction score
Hi
I am want to get my new build kitchen floor, hallway and utility tilled. I am plaining on having Underfloor heating installed in my kitchen an have bought a mat based underfloor heating system with insulation boards(Xp pro insulation board by prowarm) . I got quotations form several tilers. with the following options
1.Install crack matting to Hallway, Utility , and use the insulation board on kitchen)
2 Install Crack matting in all three areas. (Adhesive on crack matting Insulation board and then Tiles).
3.Not use crack matting use a levelling compound(fibre based and use a high quality bonding agent).
Please Advice. I have attached the pictures.
Thanks
Nal
1608234426770.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20201217_201729.jpg
    250.3 KB · Views: 10
  • 1608234426773.jpg
    246.9 KB · Views: 13
N

Nalaka Vithanage

The screed needs insulation before tiling , use a cement faced insulation board , they can uncouple the floor and insulate at the same time.
if you don’t insulate it’ll cost a fortune to run.
Great thanks a lot

N

Nalaka Vithanage

The screed needs insulation before tiling , use a cement faced insulation board , they can uncouple the floor and insulate at the same time.
Sorry Rae I have bought xp-pro insulation board by pro warm will that do or shall I just get rid of them and buy New ones which are ciment based. Thanks for answering

N

Nalaka Vithanage

Hi Dave thanks a lot I have got xp pro insulation boards shall I get rid of them and buy ciment based ones?

Reply to New build underfloor heating and tile installation in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Matthew77
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks