Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss New Apartment - Replacing Electric Panel Heaters with Electric UFH in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

M

Marshalp

Hello,

I'm new here, this is my first post!

I'm due to get the keys to my new apartment in the next couple of weeks, its a Brewery conversion and my apartment is a split level duplex. The construction company have installed electric panel heaters which I plan to replace with Electric UFH.

Rooms:
Master Bedroom
Office / Bedroom
Bathroom
Lounge
Kitchen / Hall

I plan to install high quality laminate throughout, except for the bathroom which will be tiled using porcelain tiles. To control the system I have purchased a Devilink CC and will use Devilink Floor Thermostats in each room with floor probes and Devilink Room Sensors for air temperature.

Bathroom
The sub floor is chipboard, I'm planning to install Marmox 6mm Board, using flexible tile adhesive and screws every 5" or so, then U-Heat UltraTec Cable with more flexible adhesive then tiles, I also plan to install an electric towel heater.

Rest of the apartment
Again the sub floor is chipboard, I was planning on using 6mm EcoBoard along with U-Heat WoodTec.

The UFH will be the only heat source in the apartment, really my questions is will this be enough? My girlfriend is always cold, I don't want to invest this much time and money if its not going to work!!

Floor Plans
Floorplan.jpg

C

Colour Republic

Buy her a jumper it's cheaper.It really depends on the insulation of the building along with the power output of the ufh and then the insulation boards affecting running costs.Bit more info needed really ;)

U

Uheat - Keith

The Elektra WoodTec at 140w/m2 is a full heating system when installed in a area to current Building Regs.
You will need the Izotherm insulating underlay system with the WoodTec, not the Ekoboards.

The Elektra UltraTec is a full heating system when installed onto marmox boards etc, with a tiled floor finish, again when installed in a area to current Building Regs. On insulation boards, you can then have the loose cable at a closer spacing to give approx 150w/m2.

Send us over a fully sized plan/drawing and we will sort a quotation for you.
Warm regards, Keith

M

mhtiler

hello Marshalp,just wondering if you have an installer or are you looking for one,if so just offering my services for the work required,as i lay wooden floors,tiles,ufh hope this helps;ps where is the x brewery?

Reply to New Apartment - Replacing Electric Panel Heaters with Electric UFH in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks