Search the forum,

Discuss need help with 2 things!! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

B

bencurtis

first one, tiling on old tile addy? is this ok if i bal bond the walls will be using ardex d20.
the other is in a shower room i did before for the same customer, there is a red stain coming through on the silicon, it wipes away easy but is still there she asked me what it was and i said i would have to check
cheers for any help on on both questions
Ben

D

Daz

I don't think you need to prime when using D20 as it is self priming. If going onto old adhesive, you need to make sure that all loose bits have been removed. I'd usually bash it all off and make good the walls after, so that I have a good substrate to tile on.

What size and type of tile are you putting up?

D

davy_G

I dont prime with D20 either. Make sure the walls are well brushed down as well so there is no dust. Hover them if i can!

W

White Room

Davyg quote; I dont prime with D20 either. Make sure the walls are well brushed down as well so there is no dust. Hover them if i can!

Blimey did'nt know we were into levitation:lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
B

bencurtis

tiles are 4" sq marble, the walls are p/board its a new home and if you start knocking the walls about you get cracks etc in other rooms. **** poor build quality.

B

brian c

you get cracking on the walls of most new buids as they need time to settle.Personally i would chisel off any old adhesive.(tip-wet bthe old adhesive with hot water and leave for around 5-10 mins then scrape off...trust me it will be easier on your hands.)Iagree with the silicone problem being the chemicals in the hair products.Spray with HG cleaner (which can be bought at most tile shops)leave for 5mins then wipe off with wet cloth and this should sort the problem.:thumbsup:

Reply to need help with 2 things!! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen