Search the forum,

Discuss Need help please in the Tiling on Underfloor Heating area at TilersForums.com.

A

Alan Field

hi Guys,

Please could you help.

I have employed a professional tiler and I'm a little concerned and don't know how to tackle it.
Basically I have had an area of 144sqm of underfloor heating installed and we haven't had the heating on yet. The screed was laid 3 months ago so should of fully cured by now.
When I was receiving quotes from the underfloor heating firms one told me I should be putting an expansion membrane between the tile and the screed if I wasn't turning the heat on before the tiles?? Also he said it would help with the expansion anyway as it was such a big area??
1. Is this correct? 2. What is it called and where can I get it from and the big one 3. Why hasn't the tiler asked me for this??? I don't want to just confront him as I am a tradesman and there is nothing worse when a customer tries to tell a professional how to do his job??

W

WetSaw

What type of screed? How thick? Type of heating? Type of tile?
So many questions!
Any expansion joints in the screed?

H

hmtiling

1 What type of tile?
2 What type of screed?
3 depth of screed?

Heating should have been commissioned. Moisture tested. As above

A

Alan Field

Hi,
1. Porcelain
2. Thermio
3. 50mm

Heating can't be commissioned as waiting on new gas line?

H

hmtiling

If the tiler has sanded off the laitance, tested for moisture, using gypsum adhesive or a barrier primer, incorporated expansion joints and allowing for expansion around the perimeter then you've nothing to worry about.

A

Alan Field

He hasn't started yet. What is the matting/barrier film called? Does the laitance always need to be removed? Sorry for the thick questions, I just need to have the answers when I speak to him.

Reply to Need help please in the Tiling on Underfloor Heating area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen