Search the forum,

Discuss Natural Slate Sheera Modular in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

F

frogeye

Hi tiling experts

Has anyone had a problem using this stuff from Topps?
As in is it better than the b & q stuff that is always knocked?
Only for my own small utility room about 10m2
Is there a similar product but cheaper you would recommend?

frogeye (still retired)

ps forgot to add - will use the bal green screed adhesive - nice man at ctd doing it for £25

Last edited by a moderator:
F

frogeye

Hi Dave
it's because my screed - about 80mm - is only 10 days old. Seems rock hard to me, but I asked on a thread about drying times and the consensus seemed to be a min of 4 weeks - but I cant wait that long.

So I will prime it and get moving as it's holding up me building the toilet enclosure

T

theyomper

Have just laid about 30 m2 of sheera slate in a kitchen. I found no problems with it, if fact it was was of the easiest that I have laid for a long time. It is calibrated with very few variations in thickness. The pink shaded ones tend to be a little on the fragile side so just be aware of these. I'm back there tomorrow so I'll take and post some piccies......just to please Dave.
Once you get the pattern in your head it should be east peasy.

F

frogeye

Cheers yomper

just the sort of advice I was looking for. I always seem to read bad things about slate. I only messed with it once and yes it was the b & q stuff.
Topps have offered me a good deal - normal joe public one and ctd another on the green stuff.

I will get my weber book out and read up on here before jumping in

lee

M

michel

Hi Frogeye!!!

just a quickie.....when fixing slate it is better to use a rapid set,
as slate is quite a dence material making it more difficult for a slow set adhesive to "grab it"

michel.

D

DHTiling

Hi Frogeye!!!

just a quickie.....when fixing slate it is better to use a rapid set,
as slate is quite a dence material making it more difficult for a slow set adhesive to "grab it"

michel.

Can you ellaborate more on this theory more please..?.

F

frogeye

Hi Michel

welcome to the forum from me
Yes I was going for a rapid set - I hope my green screed is one, but I don't think it is...Dave?

Reply to Natural Slate Sheera Modular in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen