Search the forum,

Discuss My New Silicone Tool - if you haven't got one you should for Christmas in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

Davesax

I know you old pros probably have these already but this is the best 7 pounds ( ebay ) I have spent on tiling .
Bit sad I know but it makes for a very neat finish, here're some pics..

Attachments

• DSC0000380.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 430
  • DSC0000379.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 444
  • DSC0000375.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 478
  • DSC0000378.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 475
S

S.L.

ive been using these too they are fantastic no need to tape anything, very clean lines. do you use them with a smoothing solution or just as is? ive been using them as is and am wondering if i should be using them with a smoothing solution or not?

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Davesax

Hi
Maybe where the corners meet or at any points that are not smooth i'll use a little detergent and water , but like you say if you get a quick smooth run you don't need anything else , it's a god send .

J

jolly fix

looks like the one sold at lidl a while back for 2.99.i bought them to give them a go . still prefer to use my finger,dont use solution etc.find that if you cut the nozzle to right size etc (always smaller then you think),then no probs.then again whilst working for a horti company years ago done miles of silicone work,so doing the same thing over and over again helps (would use 28 tubes by 10 o clock break).each to their own if they work for you then keep at it,corner tape looks good too ,if you not that confident with silicone

D

Dave Ramsden

Got loads of siliconing to do on 2 different jobs very soon so ordered me a set!!

S

SandyFloor

Another tip is to use a atomising spray prior to using the tool. This prevents silicon sticking where you don't want it to and spreading around the edge of your bead. I would avoid using the finger as silicon is carcinogenic so you don't want it getting in your mouth.

D

doug boardley

Another tip is to use a atomising spray prior to using the tool. This prevents silicon sticking where you don't want it to and spreading around the edge of your bead. I would avoid using the finger as silicon is carcinogenic so you don't want it getting in your mouth.
I'd best turn Pam Anderson away then next time she comes round:yikes::lol:

Reply to My New Silicone Tool - if you haven't got one you should for Christmas in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
  • Poll
Hi, I have a small en-suite 1200 x 2400, with a 1200 x 900mm linear drain tray which will have...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen