Discuss My Moulded Marble Shelf in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

TheRealRobG

Hi all.

When I was thinking of a way to cover the cistern in my newly completed bathroom - I didn't want to use a length of worktop or similar - after looking around for a while, I came across a company on the web called Creative Marble Designs. They make marble-look shelves and worktops out of resin-cast stone.

I sent them a drawing with dimensions of the shelf I wanted, with the position marked of the cut-out I wanted for the cistern press. Two weeks later, they sent me the below shelf ready to be installed, complete with a curved relief on the front edge and an over-hanging lip to cover the top edge of the tiles. It's formed to my dimensions to within a millimetre, so I didn't have to bodge or cut anything. It just fitted right into place.

In total, it only cost £85 plus postage, which I think is incredibly cheap for a completely custom job like this. It's a great match for my brown floor tiles, and it adds a real touch of class to the bathroom. I just fixed it in place with a bead of chocolate coloured silicon, and it's rock solid. The finish isn't as durable as ceramic - it is highly polished, and you can scratch it like you could something like polycarbonate, but it's waterproof and looks fantastic (see below).

Anyway, thought this might be of interest to some on here. I can thoroughly recommend these guys. :thumbsup:

Cheers,

Rob.

shelf01.jpg

shelf02.jpg

T

TheRealRobG

It's very heavy. It's some kind of powdered stone moulded with clear resin. It has a sparkly gold fleck in it which catches the light too. Looks amazing. I'm in love. :heart:

S

Scott

Looks nice, ill have to remember them. I do quite a lot of concealed cisterns and that will make a nice change from the removalble tiled lids or window boards. Much easier to fit too!

How well does it fit from your dimensions?

Y

Yorkshire Tiling Services

lovely
measurements will have to be spot on,great job & great price

C

Ceramico tiling

Its the same thing/product that Granite transformations do!,,and they would have charged allot more..trust me I worked there for a few months.

T

TheRealRobG

Looks nice, ill have to remember them. I do quite a lot of concealed cisterns and that will make a nice change from the removalble tiled lids or window boards. Much easier to fit too!
How well does it fit from your dimensions?
It's an excellent fit. I'd say within 1mm or so of my requested dimensions. I specified my tolerances on the plan. Communication by email was excellent. They are a really small, friendly outfit. I just couldn't believe the price given all the work they must have put in. It was really well packaged against damage in transit too.

Reply to My Moulded Marble Shelf in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Replies you've not seen

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Teejay