Search the forum,

Discuss Mosaic Tile Order in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
Evening all,

Im new to this forum and relativelty new ish to tilling, have only been doing it for two years now as a job. I was just wondering if some of you life long tilers could give me some advise please :) ... I have a job to do with a mosaic border on a mesh. The customer would like a row of four mosaics from the sheet run around the middle of the walls, With 250 X 500 tiles above and below. The mosaics are the same thickness as the other tiles, which is handy. Believe it or not, i haven't had to do a mosaic central border yet. I was planning on running my bottom batten and then a batten for the top tiles and filling in the mosaics last. Is this the best way to do it? Thanks for taking your time to look at this. Cheers John

W

White Room

Work Picture 014.jpg I use cut tile pieces..

Reaction score
Thats a great idea, thanks!!! Im going to do exactly that. Saves running in another batten, and trying to straighten out all the rubbish bits of timber. Do all timber yards just sell bomerangs now!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
L

lizzardtong

Thats a great idea, thanks!!! Im going to do exactly that. Saves running in another batten, and trying to straighten out all the rubbish bits of timber. Do all timber yards just sell bomerangs now!!!!
go to selco or even bnq buy 12mm ply and ask them to cut it to 75 mm strips they will be bang on straight ant 75 mm + spacers will make gap to accommodate 3 squares of mosaic. and that will last you quite few bathrooms. as you can re yluse them.

T

Time's Ran Out

If they are the same thickness put them in as you go but keep the gap with spacer pegs.

Reply to Mosaic Tile Order in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen