Search the forum,

Discuss mosaic feature in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

W

Wood's better

Hi all,

If this has been covered before, then apologies:

If fixing a mosaic centre feature in between porcelain tiles. For example the centre of a shower.

Is it normal that the grout lines do not line up? Mosaics on nets seem to be 300 exactly, then perhaps the porcelain tile
(tile mountain rectified extreme porcelain) is 298 or 299.

Is this being too fussy and is it generally accepted that the mosaic and main tile do not line? I do not want the porcelain tiles to have more than a 2 mm grout line

Thanks in advance.

Richard.

D

Dougs Third Go

if I'm seeing it right, what I do is make sure the field tile joint in the middle (height) lines up with a mosaic joint. Hope that makes sense.

S

SJPurdy

I think you're being a bit to fussy if the tiles/mosaic are not calibrated to line up. I'd suggest following Doug's idea above or setting out so non of the joints line up.

W

WetSaw

Someone posted a picture the other day with trim between the field tiles and mosaic. I thought it looked good and takes your eye off the fact that the grout lines may not all be aligned.

Reaction score
indeed I did,
and also the grout lines were just out by a few mil, so I did them so they were random instead of looking like I'd F'd up, all after showing the customer her options

which is where fussiness can be discussed and agreed

Reply to mosaic feature in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen