Search the forum,

Discuss Mixing Keraquick and Latex in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

Mick_c

I am Tiling my Daughters bathroom in coming weeks and have been trying to gain more knowledge by reading advice given on this website. The floor is chipboard overlaid with ply and screwed every 200/300 mm. I have brought keraquick and latex to give more flexabillity on the wood. I know this might be a stupid question but do I add 1:1 parts of addy and latex or do I add water as well? Also what is the best grout to use Keracolor FF or Ultracolor plus, have they got the same amount of flex. The color is jasmine quite a pale color, would the Ultracolor last longer before it discolored? Grateful for any advice.

M

Mick_c

Hi Bri

The ply is 18mm wbp. I think, on reading other pages that seemed to be the preferred thickness.

R

Rich

Personally I would rather over board with a tile backer board rather than ply but as it is done now and you are using a S2 adhesive (and a very good one) you should be fine. You are meant to mix all of the latex plus liquid with a full bag of adhesive, no water. To be honest I rarely mix the full amounts of both (only on large areas) but it would prob be best to follow the instructions on the bag. As for grout, I would go for the Ultracolor plus, really good stuff for floors. Just be aware that the adhesive and the grout you are rapid setting.

M

Mick_c

Here is a thread from a little while back on tiling onto plywood, might give you a little more info :thumbsup:

Plywood floors...

Thanks for the advice Rich I am going to show this to the son in law. His dad is a builder and that is where he gets his info, builders obviously don't know everything. At least we have a good S2 adhesive so fingers crossed there won't be any problems. I will tell him to get the ultracolor grout and I will do small areas at a time, I'm not the quickest, too picky so the wife tells me. Thanks again]

M

Mick_c

Thanks for the advice Rich and the interesting thread, I always thought tiling on ply was ok but after reading that thread I will definately think twice next time. When you say Rapid set with the addy how Rapid is that. If I mix up enough for 1/2 hour working time is that about right?

R

Rich

It really depends on the temp and the humidity of where you are using it. You should be fine with that, the thing to do is just keep making sure that it is not setting in the bucket. If it starts to go off on you then give it another mix but I wouldn't recommend adding any more liquid. This should give you a little more time to work with it.

Reply to Mixing Keraquick and Latex in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen